Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wake up call!

First of all, happy birthday to Ashley :)

Soo. I went shopping with my sister today. It was fun...but kind of a realization for me. I realized today that my baby Angélique is no longer a baby.

Ok, first of all she is wearing this little dress which was so cute and chic on her, but then she's also wearing these high heels (she refuses to wear any other shoes but heels) that make her legs look miles long. plus makeup, because she begged me. she looked like she was my age! i wanted to cry. so we're walking down the street and she's getting double takes by men my age and older! i wanted to shout at them "SHE IS ONLY TWELVE!" and i kept telling her "when we get home you are taking your makeup off and no more heels for you!" but she just laughed at me. you could tell she was loving this! when we got near the house i actually did make her go put on ballet flats because i couldn't stand her being taller than me. but then we went out to this café, and this man comes in and he was maybe about 30 or something, really handsome though. he walks past her and whispers in her ear and she starts doing this little giggle. i was like "ALOUETTE WHAT DID HE SAYYYYY!!!!!" but she wouldn't tell me! he definitely said something about her being beautiful though. gosh, she isn't supposed to be a woman until December! we used to call her the coquette in training, and it looks like our predictions are correct because she is becoming a bit of a coquette already. even though she's short she looks a lot older than her age, but still, men should not be looking at her...but anyways, that's it for today.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, shucks, Amelie! :) Thanks for the happy birthday! :)

    GAH, I feel the same way about my little sister!!!! Goodness, Becca looks like a supermodel, and this sixty-year-old maitre d' at this Italian restaurant was like, "Well hello, there, sweet cakes," and my mom was STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HER!!!! My mom was like, "She's only fifteen, you pig!" hahahahaha.

    At least my sisters are pretty smart about it... lol.

    ReplyDelete