Friday, February 26, 2010

In the midst of wedding madness...

I'm writing about my awesome friends. Why? Well, because I feel like it darn it. Friendship day is in like August or something. Not sure how I know that. But that is too long to wait to make a friendship blog. I just want to honor my few great friends and tell them how much i love them :)

Giovanna- hmm, definitely like my mother in all the best ways. My shoulder to cry on (and trust me, i've used it many times) and the one who is always there for a hug. She puts others before herself, which makes it easy to take advantage of her sweetness. She's the one that will pull you aside at a party to make sure you are ok, just because you looked like you didn't feel so well. I love her. There's a reason she's my maid of honor. the only thing i dislike is the fact that she has to live so far away. we go in year long increments without seeing each other. But we talk everyday, cause she's the bestest!

Daphne and Mathieu- These two go hand in hand. I've had some really great friends over the years. Some stay, and some go. I have to honestly say that these two are the friends I cherish the most. They are the only ones in my friendship group that know what it was like to grow up in Rue des Rosiers in the Pletzl. It was our playground. We knew which shop owners loved us and would give us free goodies, and which would shoo us out. We knew the Yiddish phrases that the old women would say to us as they pinched our cheeks when we walked by, and of course they were my only friends that wouldn't say "why not?" when i had to tell them that i could not do something with them on Friday evenings. I think it's really great that we were great friends even though we all went to different schools; I went to the International School, Mathieu went to Jew school, and Daphne went to the normal private school, but the two of us girls would meet up after school for our afternoon Jewish classes. And although Mathieu got his fair share of beatings from us girls, and Daphne and I bickered like siblings, I love them both so much. Wow, looking back on it, we were pretty cruel to each other...They'd call me the hairy midget haha oh my gosh. Nighttimes were always the best. Mathieu's bedroom was directly across from mine, and we would use flashlights for Morse code. and with Daphne directly above me, she would tap her feet three times quickly if she wanted to meet in our special spot. I cry sometimes thinking about how much I miss Daphne. I can't wait till she's finally done with school so she can come back to her home and it will be like old times again...except now Mathieu and I will both be married and Mathieu has a little one on the way, but still... for putting up with me all of these years, i have to love these two ;)

Lotte- So, I only knew Lotte for about two years. Which i guess is a short amount of time. She came from Germany when we were teenagers. She was sooooo pretty, like i couldn't look her in the eye because she just made me feel so atrocious, haha. she was also really sweet and smart, and i slightly hated her for being so perfect. But after she opened up to and told me about her life, she really tought me not to judge people because you never know what happens behind closed doors. I don't talk to her much anymore, which is really sad, but i think of her often and i wish her all the best. she's definitely one that has impacted me for life.

Well, i guess i don't have many friends. but these four really did change my life, i'm forever grateful for getting the pleasure to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment