Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine!

Last year my special Valentine was my sister. The year before it was Giovanna. It was also probably Jacob at some point.

But this year, I decided I needed to honor the wonderful love of my life who has been there for me for years, who is my listening ear and best pal.

Who is this? Louise of course!

Louise is the cutest most cuddly Basset hound in the world. I remember the day I got her...

I was jumping rope outside of the apartment with Daphne Mercier.
"Did you hear that Mr. Berendt's dog had puppies?" She said. I wasn't very impressed, after all, my grandparents had a rather annoying yippy dog. But the streets were hot and so was the apartment from the bakery, so we took off chunks of ice from her freezer and walked down to Mr. Berendt's antique shop. In front there was a box. it said "Free Dogs." We looked inside, and there were these tiny puppies with HUGE ears on them. Daphne started snuggling them. Then I noticed the tiniest one in there. It looked so sad at me, and I felt so bad for it. I picked it up and started to cuddle it. then Mr. Berendt came out and yelled at us "You girls need to go ask your parents to take one of these things home instead of blocking my entrance!" he was a really mean old man. So, Daphne knew she wouldn't be able to take one cause her mother is allergic. But I scooped up the cute runt and carried it back to the bakery. It was so hot and crowded in there, everyone was trying to get cold drinks. I shoved through the crowd to get to my mother who was working behind the counter. I showed her the dog and said "Can we keep her?"
"Absolutely not!" She said. Then I just remember going on a big thing about how I needed a special friend since my parents were always busy with Anglique now. Nothing better than a guilt trip! She told me to go ask my dad, so I went back to the kitchen where everyone was making cakes and pastries, and I showed him the dog.
"Get that thing out of here!" he said, but he was laughing. He said i could keep it! i was soo happy. And so, that is how Louise came into our family.

I haven't always had support around me. I don't have many friends that live nearby, Jacob couldn't always be reached over the phone, my sister is at gymnastics and my parents are working...whenever i'm struggling i turn to Louise, lays on my bed long enough for me to hug her. she's my best friend. I love her so much.

But I also get sad, because she is getting old. I know she won't be here forever. I think she was an angel in disguise, because for the hardest times in my life, she was there when nobody else could be. I think she knows that I'm ok now, and when she is ready to go to dog heaven, she can, because now I am healed.


ALSO check out my pal Giovanna's blog! lavitadigiovanna.blogspot.com! she would love to meet new folks like you!

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love Louise! I always wanted pets, but we never had them :/ my Valentine this year are my little brother and sister, I love them both so much! Thanks for advertising my blog hehe

    ReplyDelete