Sunday, May 23, 2010

tattoos

they aren't really for me. ick. the idea of getting one freaks me out. jacob has a couple though. see, i don't mind when he gets them because they are never tacky and always with good interest. he has a bunch of maori designs on his bicep going down to his chest which i understand because it's a cultural thing and when he participates in the maori ceremonies he wouldn't look like a true maori person of course. he also has a maori phrase on his back that says "te tapuna atua koe e manaaki" which means "the ancestors are watching over you" and on the opposite chest of the design he has "bulletproof" because that's where his dad was shot. in the middle of the maori designs on his bicep he has "14/7/01" (the date his Uncle Hemi died) and "16/12/99" (the day we met) my dad always tells him "you better keep in shape or else those tattoos are going to get saggy!" haha. my parents hate tattoos. when he was a teenager, my dad begged his parents to let him get my mom's name tattooed on him. HA. of course they said no. so my rebellious father carved in "Mathilde" onto his arm and colored it in with ink. it's not very visible, but it's still there!

anyways, he told me today that when the triplets are born he is getting their birthday inked in with the rest of the dates that go through his bicep design. i think that's sweet.

but yeah. sabbath today was nice. except the most OBNOXIOUS little boy i've ever met was bothering me after the service. I swear, if my kids ever act like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment