Monday, May 3, 2010

Baby names!

Even though i'm still barely pregnant (although my belly says otherwise) I've already had the baby names picked out! haha, all six of 'em :) What do you guys think?

Auguste Léon: (Girls at the Piano by Pierre-Auguste Renoir) Ah, how I love Auguste. I've loved this name forever, and when I suggested it to Jacob he said "huh, well that's kind of cool!" Yes, Jacob. It is cool. It reminds me of the lovely month, and for some reason the movie August Rush which was good, haha. I also lurrrrve Pierre-Auguste Renoir. Perhaps one of my favorite artists. Léon is for my fabulous grandpa :) When I told him that if we have a boy his middle name will be after him, he got tears in his eyes! I love it.

Jonas Armand:
I came across Jonas years ago when I read the story The Giver. I fell in love with it, the book, and the character. Jacob was actually the one who suggested it and I was so pleased that he did. Oh, and I love the song "My Name is Jonas." I think it's so cool. Armand is for my dad.

Caspar Hemi:
Caspar is just one of those cool names. I kind of like Gaspard better, but Jacob likes Caspar so ah, he wins. It means "Treasure" which is so sweet. Hemi (pron. HAY-mee) is the name of Jacob's uncle who was a really important person to him but died when he was younger. We were thinking of going with Caspar Rawiri instead, after Jacob's dad who was murdered when he was ten, but even though he loved Jacob he wasn't there, and Hemi was.

Charlotte Valéria: She'll go by Lottie. Isn't that just so cute? Lottie Lottie Lottie. Hehe. Charlotte is just one of those timeless names that I love no matter the popularity. Jacob and I just made a list of all the famous Charlottes...Charlotte Bronte, a million royal women, Charlotte's Web, etc. Valéria is for Jacob's grandmother Val who stepped in and raised him. She's a fantastic lady, and i'm sure little Lottie would be honored to have her name in there.

Arielle Odette: (Little Mermaid Statue in Copenhagen) Arielle makes me think of the Little Mermaid, and what little girl doesn't want to be a mermaid? haha. It's just so gorgeous. ahry-ELL. ahry-ELL. ahry-ELL. it just sounds so pretty i can't even get over it. Jacob says it a little differently but it still sounds cool. We might call her Ari sometimes. Odette honors oodles of people...an Auntie who died in the Holocaust, some ancestors ages and ages ago, Angélique...

Serena Adèle: Serena is just so light and I think of a little fairy or something when I hear the name. Adèle is for great-grandmother Marie who was everybody's favorite and died in the Holocaust.

Any opinions on these names? Not that i'll really care what you think if you hate them, haha :)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Amelie, when you explain them all like that I really love them! I could never remember what you had said about Caspar's middle name, and then I realized that I'd never even seen Caspar Hemi, so now I don't feel as bad! haha.

    But they're all soooooo gorgeous, and I can't believe you picked such lovely names! :) Every time I think about you possibly having a little girl named Charlotte Valeria, nn Lottie, I just about swooon. Gah, that has got to be one of the most amazing names ever! And that's so sweet about your grandpa tearing up! And Auguste Leon is so adorable. :) And Arielle Odette... gah, it's perfect. :) They're all perfect!!!! looooooooooooove them! :) haha.

    Congrats, dearie!

    ReplyDelete