Wednesday, January 20, 2010

music!

Do you love music? of course you do! do you love it as much as me? Of course you don't! haha. i love music! it is one of the greatest things in the world. it has the ability to bring forth every possible emotion you have. Here are some of my absolute all time favourites that you have to check out, if you are a poor soul and haven't already (this is not a blog that should be read without the speakers turned up!):

Under the Bridge by the Red Hot Chili Peppers CLICK:
An all time classic for all of you '90s fans such as myself. It's a song that everyone can relate to. I mean, who hasn't felt "under the bridge" at some point? The words came straight from Anthony Kiedis's diary (who, ehem, looks quite nice in this video...), and you can really feel his pain in the lyrics. It's all about how you feel depressed and lonely, but once you go to your special place everything is all right. It's a personal song that I always listen to when I'm feeling a little down. The chorus is my favourite part. I have to belt it!

Glosoli by Sigur Ros CLICK
Ok, nobody understands what they are saying unless you are actually from Iceland, but still, just listening to it makes me get chills, and the video is a work of art. It reminds me of Jacob's hometown in New Zealand, which is all sky and land. So beautiful. And who doesn't love the sort of Peter Pan-esque story line of the video? Anna Beem, my friend Claire's sister is in it. Brunette girl who kisses the boy in the grass...also at the end. I will eternally be a fan of this spectacular band.

Loser by Beck CLICK
Another one of those weird '90s goodies. Anyone who knows me when I was younger knows that, well, I myself embraced Loserdom. This song was my theme song, and I still know alllll the lyrics. What can I say, "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?" :)

What if God was One of Us by Joan Osborne CLICK
For anyone who is religious, this song makes you think. With lyrics like "If God had a name...what would it be?" and "What if God was one of us...Just a slob like one of us" Joan Osborne rocks it out. A beautiful, beautiful song, and while Joan got a little heat for it, it's definitely a classic.

The Music from Across the Universe click here...and here...once more!
I really really loved the movie Across the Universe. And I really really loved how they take a classic Beatles song and put a modern, beautiful rendition on it. The links to my favourites are above, but I also love Bono's Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Happiness is a Warm Gun.

You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins CLICK
Aw, Tarzan is great. This is my special song for my favourite little person. I think of her fondly every time I hear this...

Whole Lotta Love by Led Zepplin CLICK
Okay, so all I have to do is listen to the very first part (duh duh duh duh duhhh) and I freak out! There is only one volume for this song: MAXIMUM

Fix You by Coldplay
Another one of those lighter over the head songs. so pretty. Coldplay puts on an amazing concert! Whenever I have a bewildered friend, I always want to sing this song to them :) Everyone understands the lyrics! I like the video as well.

One by U2 CLICK
One of those songs that makes me wanna change the world! It totally sends the message that we are all ONE! Love love love. Bono is amazing. U2 is amazing. I love all their songs. ONE LOVE!

One Summer's Day by Joe Hisaishi CLICK
A love piano music. and this is my favourite piano song to play. it's like i'm sucked into some other world after playing the first keys. SO pretty. and I love the movie it is from too, it's my sister's favourite.

Photograph by Def Leppard CLICK
I love it, what can i say? Taylor Swift covered this song. I like the original better though. A sing along song!

There are so many more, i might just have to do a part II! but for now I hope you enjoyed :)

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, Amelie, you make me laugh. :) I listened to some of them. I liked the one about what if God was one of us. :)

    Oh, and I just did one of my own. Hehe. You should check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete