Thursday, January 28, 2010

my careers...

I am going to be an adoption agent (i guess that would be the English word?) in a few months. I am very very excited and it is something I have always wanted to do. But of course there are a million other jobs I would like as well. Here are some of them:

Professional Smeller


i have a really keen sense of smell.
Rue des Rosiers smells like fresh rugelach, latke, and olive oil.
Paris in general smells like the fresh flowers in Mathieu's shop and champagne.
My bedroom smells like J'adore Dior
My grandmother's village smells of grapes and fresh air.
Jeffrey smells like Brooklyn, which smells like pizza and rye and some sort of sewage. Jeffy says it smells like reality. He's weird. I smell everything and I am very good at telling what flowers and spices are in perfumes and such. I can also tell what smells bad and good, which would make me a very good smeller.

Matchmaker

Speaking of Jeffrey, his girlfriend Monique was over for entrée last night. Can you say awkward? She doesn't speak English first of all, Jeffrey can barely speak French...haha, we all pretty much shut Jeffrey out of the conversation. Needless to say they are no longer seeing each other. Know any good Jewish girls that look like shiksas? hehe. I love the Millionaire Matchmaker show, and I am being a matchmaker for Jeffrey right now. I love what Patti Stanger says about the "Jewish Spinner" myth. SO true! haha, all these dorky Jew boys want a petite little perfect Jewish girl that just doesn't exist. I am trying to pull Jeffrey out of that. So far I am not doing so well, but i am staying optimistic. haha.

Stylist



To prevent fashion tragedies such as this. Enough said.

Makeup Artist


I don't wear makeup anymore, but it used to be like my art, painting on all my stuff. it was fun! but it's a little too time consuming now. I'll get back into it when I have to.

Groupie


Who wouldn't love to hang out with bands all the time? Then I realized that most of them are grungy and gross and would try to violate me :)

I'm not sure what this is titled as...

But I really wanted to be married to a really conservative Jew, then we could move back to the Holy Land and I could raise our many beautiful children. PSH! Just about the opposite of what's happening now!

7 comments:

  1. you are a very strange person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, but you still love me. you must be strange as well if your name is meow. are you a kitty? reveal yourself stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucie veronika beem! one of my favorite people on earth! oh my goodness i did not even know you read my blog! how is your family? tell me everything, i feel so out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol you're so funny :) my family is doing ok at the moment. ben is having a hard time obviously since he can't take in his daughter winnie. well, he can, but it's complicated. claire is still taking care of her. she has her hands completely full right now. eva had her transplant (vaka donated) and we found out this week that it wasn't very successful. she's going to have to do chemo/radiation, which claire is really upset about because the doctor thought things were going well. it's sad. Andra is at her first year of university studying to be a nurse and she has a really nice boyfriend. anna is acting and still playing her cello, she is in her first year of high school, i got my drivers license so i am really excited. oh, and the biggest news is that we are moving back to iceland. i'm really excited to be going back home, anna isn't though. claire might move back too because there really isn't anyone in Norway with her and she is having a tough time with two infants by herself, one of which has cancer...this is getting long, lol sorry, i should give you my number so we can keep in touch more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh mon. J'espère que tout s'entraîne. Je serai sans doute en communication avec vous tous. Donnez-moi votre numéro de téléphone sur l'e-mail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahahahaha... Amelie, you crack me up. :) I love the last picture, btw--it's so funny! :) And the stylist picture, too! Ahahaha. :) Oh, and I would SOOOOO be a band groupie, too, except I would be a Christian band groupie. Ahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete