Sunday, December 27, 2009

A blog with a bunch of random stuff....

#1: Wishing all my friends a very Merry (late) Christmas! I hope your Christmas holiday was as great as my Hanukkah was this year. I love that although we all have different beliefs and traditions, we all feel blessed to have each other this time of year :)

#2: Wishing my baby sister a very happy 12th birthday! I wrote a blog dedicated to her, I might post it later.

#3: Philadelphia is very nice, but I am beginning to get a bit homesick and I am happy to be going home soon. This tells me I don't know what i'll do if I have to move to Auckland, haha. I have continued to learn much about America which is what I wanted. My cousin Annie even let me drive American style, which was scary, but fun. I'm also hanging out quite a bit with my other cousin Jeff (who i have met before many times)



We're weird. Anyways we also saw the movie "Avatar" which was very good!



#4: I saw someone driving a car with a "boycott France" bumper sticker. that was...interesting! My Aunt explained that there are actually many reasons why people want to boycott France, one of which is the antisemitism, which I don't really understand because I have been ridiculed in America for being a Jew just as I have in France...speaking of which I went to this show with Jeffrey and we were talking to these creepy "White Power" people who didn't know we were Jewish and were talking about slaughtering Jews and Barack Obama...I thought Jeffrey was going to beat them up, but I think he just said something and luckily we just got out of there as fast as possible. I guess there are always places where people are going to dislike you.

-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment