Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just thinking.

Je suis toujours fatigué, mais j'ai eu un beau jour. J'ai déterminé que ma soeur est le plus grand dans le monde. Je suis désolé je ou les blogs de type en français ou anglais, mais quelquefois je suis trop paresseux pour faire les deux :P

I just remembered that Eva started chemo yesterday. Wish her luck!




Today I re-read one of my favourite books, Anne Frank and Me. I think I like it so much because it's totally like a combo of my life and my grandmother's life! haha. It is about an American teenage girl named Nicole who is studying the Holocaust in school. She doesn't really think of it too much, she is more focused on a boy she likes and her friends, etc. Her class goes to a Holocaust museum, and when they are there this "shooting" goes on, and when she is trying to run out Nicole hits her head and gets knocked out. She wakes up in Paris in 1942. She is really confused for awhile, and in her new life she is Jewish and the boy she likes is her boyfriend and things seem to be good for her. But then we all know what happens to Jewish people during that time. A very very powerful and moving book! Seriously though, my grandmother was the same age as Liz-Bette (Nicole's sister) during the Holocaust, her name is Nicole, she lived in Paris in the same part of town as Nicole (well, so do I). My sister is the same age as Liz-Bette, and we have a similar relationship as the two of them (we get on each other's nerves sometimes, but I am always trying to protect her.) the majority of my friends are not Jewish, etc. It was crazy when I read it the first time! It's a pretty easy read, I read it when i was fifteen or so. You should read it!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Eva's adorable! I'm rooting for her all the way over here!! I hope she makes it. :]

    And that book sounds amazing, Amelie! I'm soooo gonna have to check it out! :]

    ReplyDelete